AWS Cloud Practitioner Preparatory Workshop
14 year experienced Test Architect
The Trainer is a 14 year experienced Test Architect. He has worked with multiple MNC’s and
has worked in projects which uses AWS to great extent. He has delivered coaching sessions on
AWS and other topics within his organization and outside. He is a certified AWS Cloud Practitioner
(Feb 2020) and certified AWS Solution Architect Associate (May 2021).
About the course
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01) exam is intended for individuals
who can effectively demonstrate an overall knowledge of the AWS Cloud
independent of a specific job role.
This workshop will be done in 15 hours as live sessions covering the syllabus for the
foundational AWS certification. Though the exam does not expect one to know
AWS services hands-on, the trainer will do labs of the major services to give the
attendees an enhanced understanding of concepts. After finishing the course, we will
do a mock exam together and also discuss the answers after the exam.
Attending this course gives you the knowledge to:
Define what the AWS Cloud is and the basic global infrastructure.
Describe basic AWS Cloud architectural principles.
Describe the AWS Cloud value proposition.
Describe key services on the AWS platform and their common use cases
(for example, compute and analytics).
Describe basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security
Define the billing, account management, and pricing models.
Identify sources of documentation or technical assistance
(for example, whitepapers or support tickets).
Describe basic/core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud.
This course is intended for an audience who could be, but not limiting to:
Developers, QA, Operations.
Finance, Sales, Marketing
Day 1 - 4 hours
1. About the session – setting the expectations.
2. What is AWS Cloud Practitioner – What the exam validates, exam domains and weightage,
3. Problems of Traditional Computing.
4. What is Cloud Computing? Advantages and Models.
5. AWS Global Infrastructure.
6. Steps to create a Free tier account.
7. Identity and Access Management Section (with Labs); accessing AWS using CLI.
8. EC2 Section (with Labs)
9. Elastic Block Storage and Elastic File Storage
10. What is Availability and Scalability?
Elastic Load Balancing and Auto Scaling Group. (with Labs)
11. CloudWatch and CloudTrail. (Console walkthrough)
Day 2 – 4 hours
11. S3 (With Labs), Snow Family, Storage Gateway.
12. What is Serverless? – Lambda (with Labs), API Gateway.
13. Databases. (with RDS Labs)
14. What is Virtual Private Cloud? (Console walkthrough)
Day 3 – 4 hours
15. Route53, CloudFront
16. Messaging and Decoupling services - SQS, SNS, Kinesis
17. DevOps on AWS - CloudFormation and Elastic Beanstalk (Console walkthrough), CI/CD
18. High level understanding of other services.
17. Security and Compliance Services – Shared Responsibility Model.
19. Pricing and Billing section (Console walkthrough)
20. Well Architected Framework.
21. More Resources and tips for taking the exam.
Day 4 – 3 hours
One Mock exam – 65 questions in 65 minutes.
Post exam discussion of questions.
This course will be delivered live online through a mix of:
•Instructor-led Training (ILT)
•Hands-on Labs by Trainer
Four sessions in total, in four days, over two consecutive weekends.
Post the workshop
One month post-workshop support via Slack, answering questions, doubts etc.